What wiring runs under interior trim on 92 Nissan Stanza

Tina Miller

Asked by Jan 14, 2014 at 10:32 PM about the 1992 Nissan Stanza XE Sedan

I just bought a 92 Nissan Stanza. The driverside interior trim near the front windshield was loose and a piece of wire is hanging out with a jack on the end. The jack similar to a small power jack. The wire is tucked down along the windsheid into the dash. I don't see a plug without taking down the headliner. Any ideas?

you might check to see what DOES not work...might be an optional device..such as heated seats....do your 4 ways work? might be a missing can for that~...connector~

both REAR speakers work?~

Tina Miller

Sunroof working great. Interior lights working. Power mirrors dont seem to work. Will check that. Could you clarify on 4 ways? Not sure what that is.

Tina Miller

Dang. I haven't even turned on the radio. Will try that as well. Thanks.

Tina Miller

Speakers are fine. I am banking on maybe a radar detector, but seems like a lot of work for that.

No...they would not put a radar detector in that.... 4 ways...HAZARDS....emergency flashers...turn signals too (maybe uses that)~

Tina Miller

I'm saying someone may have added the wire aftermarket for a radar detector. All the lights work. Still not sure what it is for. It does also have an aftermarket alarm system this is going bonkers. The previous owner even detached the horn, I'm guessing because the alarm is crazy. I have pulled on the wire and it actually goes along the driver side door into the panel just under the dash. I haven't pulled the wires out yet to see what is going on in there.

we need to get an electrical schematic for your car...can 'check-off' all the wires...one at a time~