My battery will not stay charged..has several people test tve battery and the alternator some said My battery is bad and some say my alternator is bad?? I dont know ...and my head lights flicker reallybad

James Huggins

Asked by Dec 16, 2015 at 03:45 AM about the 1993 Nissan Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

My head lights flicker really bad too.

Sounds u got something touching or rubbing cause if battery is dead then it's something in wireing that's messed up when did this start happening I would try another battery to see what happens to that battery and is that all u know exactly that u know that's happening to it

James Huggins

This truck had major wiring problems when i got it ..It had no high beams no brake lights and no blinkers...but ive gotten all thst fixed ..last Night it bogged down really bad and my head lights went really dim but i had the heater head lights and stereo going i turned heater off and it went back to normal

Check the main body ground, if you cant find try hooking up a new wire to the ground on the battery and grounding it to the engine or body of the car, make sure you use a large gauge wire...

As joemom says, GROUNDS, and the one from the engine to the body is just as important as battery to frame to engine.

For sure check the ground wires like everyone has already said, however the flickering head lights sound like an alternator to me. You have probably seen an old HD motorcycle with the flickering headlights. if that is what you are getting then the first thing to check after battery connections and ground wires is the alternator