What modifications are necessary to convert a 4G63 non turbo to turbo?

Asked by Mar 10, 2008 at 02:57 AM about the 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Turbo AWD

Hi,
I want to install turbo charger on my 4G63 non turbo galant, but I wonder what modification are necessary to be done inside the engine. Is it enough to replace the pistons with the pistons whose compression ratio are 7.8/1 ? The other question is the ECU, if I use the origanal ECu of my own car, does it get me into troubles? for example poor fuel mileage or poor performance ...

43,935

Seriously? Sell the car and get one that is a turbo already. You will basically end up totally redoing the car and you will spend much more trying to overhaul it.

5

sorry u cant get answer, to many clowns sent msg on what they wud do, if you get an answer send to me coz I hav 4g63

agreed with littlehorn,you can buy one cheeper .if you attempt this you will have nothing but trouble.this is also the only answer you will get from any of us that know what we are doingor talking about. denden,notice you dont have a clue of how to answer this man's question.

275

Leave the pistons, get an evo manifold and an evo turbo, best option, Front mount intercooler, aluminum piping, 440 cc injectors 2g eclipse/talon, resistor box, fuel pressure regulator, wastegate, blowoff valve... etc. As far as ecu goes you need an aftermarket piggyback ecu or yes, you will most probably blow your engine.

Hi, I would like to do the opposite convert a turbo charged starion to a non turbo charged - can I do this is all i need an exhust manifold to match up??? Please help.

10

hi , i want to convert my galant 1.8L to put turbo in it. is it possible?

6,145

wow this one got brought back from the dead lol