car wont turn over

Asked by Nov 05, 2013 at 03:52 PM about the 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

my starter has been going out for a min and the car was drivable up until yesterday.. now
when i try and start the car it clicks and the battery level seems to have been depleated
and not sure if i can jump it to start it. just dont know what part to replace

6,175

well i your battery is depleted then i would say thats the problem, but you say your starter has been goin out for awhile now, what makes you say that? in any case if that starter is going out AND the battery is dead charge it up and see if it holds a charge if not its probably a bad battery in which case you should get it tested and f bad get a new one, im not sure what you mean by which part to replace though,,, the battery is a single unit and so is the starter, are you saying you dont know where they are ?

You can check the Battery by getting a volt meter and if that is ok then take the starter off of the car and take it in to have it tested. If the starter is bad you can either get a new starter from the Mitsubishi dealer for the 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT, or with the car being a 92 you may be able to get one that is an after market product which would be a little cheaper.