I have an extra front head for my 3000ft that I took off another motor. Wud it b ok to replace front head with the other one I have jus laying around off another motor. The head was checked and .

Asked by Dec 29, 2013 at 07:17 AM about the 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

Turns out to be good with no leaks.  I wud b

changing front head only...is that ok to do

I don't see a problem with doing that. Just make sure it is good and clean. No fine grit in it from just sitting around. Might want to change the valve guide seals tho before you install it.

what makes you want to swap in the other one? your going to have to retime the motor and deal with the timing belt etc to do it,, so if your motor is fine the way it is I would just leave it alone

Good evening Daniel. He stated on an earlier question that one of his heads had valve issues. Sounded kinda like he might have had a few bent. Imagine that. Lol

oh i didn't catch that,, hence why ppl shouldn't try to get help through other peoples threads lol in that case he probably has a slipped/jumped timing belt,, sounds like he needs to do a compression and leak down test and see whats going on with the other side as well and deal with that if needed,, and then do a 120k maintenance on it pumps tensioners ect