DASHBOARD NOT WORKING

25

Asked by Aug 19, 2010 at 12:32 AM about the 1996 Mitsubishi Galant S

I have a 1996 mitsubishi galant S!I just bought it and im trying to fix it up.the dashboard wont light up.ive checked the fuses and the dimmer.and its neither!what else can be the problem?Can anybody else please help me figure this out?THANK YOU!

check for cut wires,or your head light may be bad,did you turn the knob on your switch to see if dash lights come on.

25

yea i turned the knob and it doesnt come on.i checked all the fuses even the ones in the engine and they are all good and getting power.i have a knob for the dimmer and when i turn it nothing happens.i dont want to have to take it into a shop.i know thats probly going to cost me an arm and a leg.i dont know what else to do!wait my headlights dont turn on.i had those checked too and the bulbs are good just not turning on!any suggestions would be really appreciated!Thank You!

sounds like your switch has gone bad,replace it with a new one,is an easy job.

25

what switch do i replace?

headlight switch.

25

THAT SWITCH WORKS.I CAN ONLY USE THE HIGH BEAMS THOUGH.OR THE RUNNING LIGHTS. THE HEADLIGHTS DONT WORK.OMG I CALLED A SHOP TO SEE HOW MUCH IT WOULD BE AND THEIR SAYIN AROUND $400.OMG!BUT IM GOING TO CHECK THE BULBS.AND IF NOT THEN BUY THE SWITCH.BUT DONT I NEED A STEERING WHEEL PULLER?IM SCARED TO PULL THE STEERING WHEEL BECAUSE OF THE AIRBAG!

NO steering wheel would not have to come off.

Yikes, I have the same problem with a 96 Galant. Just this weekend the dashboard light stopped working. Checked all the fuses and no problem. I wonder if the dashboard lights just went dead and have to be replaced. Thank God my Headlights work however. I don't want to pay $400 bucks either. has anyone ever had this problem or done this kind of job before.

Yes on doughter in laws 96,their was a problem in the turn signal switch in all 96,s.pull cover off from around stering collum,behind stering wheel.replace turn signal switch.2 small boltes and a plugin.

10

Our dash lights except for high beam indicator and the tail lights went out Brake lights work and hazard lights flash