1997 mitsubishi eclipse

Asked by Mar 11, 2016 at 09:07 PM about the 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

I have a 1997 mitsubishi eclipse. My problem is
that it does not run unless I accelerate it to 2000
rpm starts driving it's forcing it self to run. Do you
guys think it's my transmission? ?? Please help me

Could be bad tranny,but before you go there,check the fluid,does it smell burnt or low?

sensors...replace them all..filters...replace them all~ battery connection...clean it with a wirebrush...assure the battery is newer then ten...do all that and get back to us~ air temperature sender...oxygen sensor...all new stuff now~ transmissions really don't fail by themselves unless abused by towing a horse for example~

Bob_Nueske that would be a waste of money to do all this at this time,to a bad tranny,check fluids as i said then proceed to more fincial soltions as you resolve unknown issue,s.

1997 needs all that stuff if he's gonna get ten more years out of it~ not gonna argue the tranny if our motor is mis-behaving from neglect~ really want to put it right...put all good replacement parts on that~ we would be shopping at our junkyard (which I used to do when I was poor...I mean how many folks drive around with a spare distributor in their trunk?) honestly don't rightly care one way or the other~ just an excuse to display my art~

If its bad,its bad,if it needs other parts to fix issue then so be it,i am not critisizing on your answer BOB,but i don,t give bad advice to anyone,even you,but here in the carguru site,i and my other carguru buddy,s would agree that advice be given accurate as to the question,and so be your answer hold s so many answers to the unknown issue at hand,and by the way bob nice plane,