my lancer doesn't start it

55

Asked by Sep 18, 2014 at 01:56 PM about the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!! MY LANCER DOESN'T STARTER WE CHECKED THE STARTER THE BATTERY IS NEW BECAUSE I THOUGHT WAS THAT BUT NOTHING SOME ONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS KIND OF CARS MAYBE ANY SENSOR? I CHANGE THE PART WERE THE BELT GOES  AND SINCE THAT START PROBLEMS.IT HAD ALREADY PROBLEM WITH THE A.C .DIDN'T WORK SOME TIMES AND WE CHECK THE ALTERNATOR AND IS FINE .PLEASE HELPPPP,HOW I KNOW IF MY CAR IS TRIM "ES" OR "E-Z  RALLY?

55

BY THE WAY I RESET THE ALARM AND STILL NOT STARTING

150,615

Friendly advice: When you post in all upper case most of the guys will skip over you question, its hard to read and there are too many questions that need attention. Now that being said, with a good starter and battery that leaves solenoid and cables. Possibly the battery black neg-- ground on the frame, or chassis wherever it grounds is not making a connection, the dissimilar metals can lose contact after a while. Also, the safety interlock on brake pedal, it won't start if that is faulty, or same on clutch if manual. Maybe try running a jumper cable from battery Pos+ to starter with key on..but be safe about it in case it does start, don't want you run over by a lurching car--it happens.

55

Thansk Fordnut I going to ckecked if the battery negative is ground it.

55

the negative cable is ground it,so don't know what could be

150,615

Ok, you have the security covered...so I am thinking the safety interlocks.Those are not as easy to test, not sure how it works on Infinity, but many cars it's the brake light switch, or if automatic try starting in neutral instead of Park..throwing out ideas now. If manual have a look to see if there is a button type switch under clutch pedal and see if it's loose

150,615

I meant Mitsubishi not Infinity sorry

150,615

If you click on 'related questions' right below this, there is one like yours, turned out to be bad ignition switch. That is especially likely if you have a heavy key-ring, with lots of keys and unnecessary items, flashlight....the weight swinging plays havoc on ignition switches

55

thanks.Fornut.The problem comes when i turn on the a.c. or heater .When I turn on the a.c. has a horrible noise. and the heater it is not heating right ,so after the car doesn't start .and about the heavy key ring ,no I don't like to have anything else that just the car key.Could be something relater with the a.c or heater?

55

It may be a shot in the dark, but, make sure you have shifted all the way into park. Once a penny fell in front of the gear shift and my car was not going all the way into park, and would not start when I needed to use my car next....i was a little distraught until i looked down and noticed the penny wedged in there. Pulled it out, problem solved.

10

1997 evo 4 no crank no start what may be my problem what to look for it been back for 6 years an the diff is damage need a new one ayc dif

10

i really need help am new at this but i know my way a bit around cars

10

hey guys. I own a 2013 lancer ES. My remote key fob stopped working because the battery ran out. I replaced the battery and it doesn`t lock and unlock the doors anymore. The fob because its lights come on and a locksmith checked that and it`s definitely working. I checked the WEB and youtube for reprogramming but all the tutorials were for 05-12 models. I also did the manual instructions but nothing happened. The dealership told me they charge me 220 dollars for that. I only have one fob, it is the only i got from the previous owner. Would you plz help me? thanks

try checking the timing belt