do you need warranty for 2003 mini cooper that has 35000 miles in it?? is it normal to jerk a bit when u press the gas pedal?

Asked by May 16, 2013 at 03:43 PM about the 2003 MINI Cooper Base

extended warranty they selling me is $1900 for 2yrs or 30k miles whichever comes first?

a CVT transmission filled with $310.00/qt. oil?

I've got a 2006 with 35000 as well...the waterpump is leaking a few CC's every stop, air around it smells sweet glycol...the nearest MINI mechanic is 200 miles from Clearlake Park, CA...still making payments but am just drivin' old bessie (toyota truck) till I can get the late 30000 maintenance...do you know if this one is under warranty? it has had nine owners including a rental agencey....my goose is fried, I'm afried~

WMWRC33596TK15971 a 2006 sedan green with white top...anybody who can tell me what to do here?

145

As a dealer, we are always supposed to answer "Yes." But as a dealer we get a commission on that sale. What you are really buying is "insurance." My personal opinion is to check the car out, take a look at the carfax to see how it has been maintained. How many miles does it have on it? All depends on your comfort level. Personally, I always assume the odds are in favor of the person selling you the policy. Depending on the price/mileage/condition of the car, and my own resources, I would take the risk myself and not pay the money upfront. Plus the mini has a pretty reliable track record.

Isn't that something very minor changes to the basic design...John Cooper is a Six foot four guy, there has to be plenty of leg and adjustment room...not surprised at the level of satisfaction...feel a bit "prissy" driving this...not suitable for the surface of the moon, I'm afraid...cobalt undershield had to happen after the first trip in the mini going to the house here saw a few drips of CVT oil around the seal, guess this is normal but it SLAMS into gear if you do not handle it like an infant and 'bout like the acceleration of an infant for the first seven seconds...it's okay, it's really, really sexy~ in poverty-land, the cheapest place to live in California 14,000 = 140,000 in the bay area...it's like that, many escape to here but you must be independantly wealthy as there is basically no commerce here other than restaurants, taco bell and subway at the edge of town, but most go to the walmart in lower lake~

145

We've got a Bentley, Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari, AM Vanquish and all kinds of exotics sitting on our floor. Usually I drive a Mini with 93000 miles on it as my personal car unless I am trying to show off.Drives well and is dependable. Assume you are talking about a manual trans? Should not jerk unless you are new to driving it. If you want to be cheap, just start of in 2nd.

2nd is the M/S mode with the CVT the mounts are unhappy and oscillates in a most unsatisfying manner, down to first happens even more severely and takes a delicate foot to avoid jerking suddenly~ D or Drive usually works just fine, but give it a moment, because the cvt oil levels are low and at $310/qt. am not in a big hurry to jump right in there to deal with this~

these years were a recalled item, but the wife has purchased this vehicle, criterion being leather and green...that's all, this one came along on Yahoo motors and we snapped it right away...

105

Geeze operator_13, the person selling you that oil at $310.00 a quart must be making a FORTUNE from you and other folks like you…..it certainly must have a lotta "WOW" to it!!! :-) :-)

the principle is what uses compression of the oil to make the oil turn plastic under compression...ATF will do exactly the wrong thing here~...yes, it is scientific~...MINI engineering is somewhat mysterious even when explained correctly~