93 topaz randomly stalls when either driving or just idling

Asked by Dec 08, 2014 at 11:33 PM about the 1993 Mercury Topaz 2 Dr GS Coupe

My sons 93 topaz is continually stalling when it is driven or just idling to warm up .I have replaced the fuel filter, cleaned out the throttle changed the air filter and have also ran 2 bottles of seafoam through it. I have driven the car for the last 2 days to see what its doing when it stalls out. And it just shuts downs to where all the dash lights stay on but it won't run any more . So I let it come to complete stop put it into park and then it turns over on the 1st try and it drives normal like nothing is wrong . This has me totally stumped on what I should be looking for now. Any help would be great .Thank You

24,425

If I had to guess I would start with the fuel filter and connections for the fuel pump. I would aslo check and or clean the idle air control.

Trade 'er in on a new ride, Clyde!! Treat yourself to a new car this Holiday Season!! Woot Woot! Hollar Back!!

20

Likely a fuel filter, needing replaced, or the Fuel Pump, sadly that is in the gas tank.