Where is the oil filter on the 1993 mercury Capri xr2?

Asked by Jan 10, 2013 at 04:16 AM about the 1993 Mercury Capri 2 Dr XR2 Turbo Convertible

I am new to cars and want to make sure I am right with everything before I do my first oil change. It is near the
bottom of the head and near top of the block right?

It's screwed in horizontally in the back of the engine about in the middle

285

That is were it is .change it from the bottom if you are new to cars you picked the right one to work on .In 5 years you will be an expert . i have 3 , a 91 turbo ,92 turbo and 91 none turbo . they are always breaking down , worst peaces of crap ever made .but I love them.

I also have a 1994 XR2 convertable, Just love it. Live in New Zealand get enough summer to take her out with hood down,Thanks for telling me where the filter is First time for me to change it had the car 10yrs friends changed it over that time but sure I am capable only 72yrs and a female. Thanks Mark.