can the cable on a 1999 mercury marquis be adjusted

Asked by Mar 04, 2014 at 01:47 AM about the 1999 Mercury Mystique 4 Dr GS Sedan

pull handle doesn't open hood can the cable be adjusted?

105,485

Normally there is no adjustment on that cable, most of hood release problems are caused by, a lack of lubrication of the hood latch, misadjusted hood tension on the hood bumpers, or a stretched cable due to the above listed problems. Try holding the hood down as someone pulls the hood release, that might re-leave some of the tension on the latch and allow the hood to open so you can locate and fix the problem.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thanks tennisshoes,, I couldn't find any thing that would give me an answer. I appreciate you taking the time to answer this question for me. I will follow a new course of action to fix this problem with your great answer,