speedometer issue

Asked by May 05, 2015 at 02:53 PM about the 2000 Mercury Villager 4 Dr STD Passenger Van

i replaced the vss sensor on my 2000 mercury villager the speedometer will only work
after i drive it for about 2 miles and then make a RIGHT turn when i shut it off for about 2
hours i have to repeat this procedure to get the speedometer and odometer to work
?????????

1,255

These vans are notorious for bad motor mounts, could the engine be shifting around and affecting the wiring? I had new factory mounts installed in mine, and it's like a new van. I found them from a dealer online at half price.