pictures of socks on the hood of my car

10

Asked by Oct 12, 2016 at 10:34 AM about the 2001 Mercury Villager 4 Dr Estate Passenger Van

My name is Lee McLaughlin, I have 2 vehicles listed in Cargurus.com. I have a 2007 Nissan Frontier SE Black and a 2001 Mercury Villager Estate Black also. Well my question is? I received an email from Cargurus.com stating their from the fraud dept and they wanting me to take a pair of socks and put them on the hood of my 2001 Mercury Villager and upload them. I never in my life heard of such a thing. I think this is some prankster at least I am hoping so but just checking. Sincerely, Lee McLaughlin

28,895

It's how the site filters out the scam ads. If you go to a site like Craigslist, half the ads are fake with the pics of cars stolen from other sites. So if a scammer steals a pic of a car from the web, there is no way for them to respond to a request like this.