'02 Cougar.Washer pump runs,no fluid sprays. No fluid at first {passenger side} nozzle. Suggestions? Comments.

Asked by Apr 06, 2014 at 03:25 PM about the 2002 Mercury Cougar 2 Dr V6 Hatchback

Pretty simple. Washer fluid does not spray. Pump runs and there is no fluid in the lines.
where do I look for a solution.

110,095

Remove the lines from the jets at the window. Now try to spray it. If it sprays out of the loose hose then the jets are stopped up. Did you put any de icing windshield washer fluid in it this winter? If so then I am almost positive that the jets are stopped up.

33,845

If the jets are stopped up try using a pin to clean them out.

I do not know if the nozzles are plugged. It is not pumping fluid at all, but the pump is running when switch is activated.

33,845

Can you pull the pump off or attach a test line to it and see if its actually pumping? If it is, You may have a broken hose. That could be the problem