What parts of the ABS would cause the ABS light to come on?Brake light does not come on

Asked by Oct 28, 2012 at 09:27 PM about the 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Convenience AWD

For one it has nothing to do with brake lights(s). ABS, or Anti Lock Brake System, your system has detected a fault in the ABS system, anything from complete failure of the system to a bad sensor. It does not mean your brakes will not work, they will work just fine except in a panic stop, you will skid because when you hit the brakes hard they will lock up, not permanently, just until whatever the fault it is gets fixed. Actually the ABS may well be working fine, anyway. Get a fault scan tool, buy, rent, borrow or some auto parts stores will do it for you, find the fault code, look up what it means and go from there. May be minor problem.

OK I think I misunderstood something, I was thinking brake lights ..stop lights, not 'brake light' on dash. Often that light, the little icon for brakes on the instrument panel will come on if your parking brake is even partially on. But that's not the case anyway since it's not on. And I used some bad syntax, I did not mean the brakes will stay locked up until it's fixed, they will be fine.

50

My ABS light is on and my tire is heating up, I actually had a blow out and it is still heating up? Help??

10

How do you cut off the ABS on the Mountaineer