My 98 mazda 626 lx 4cylinder died out and won't start back up it cranks but don't roll over, I changed the spark plugs with the spark box, changed the crank shaft position censor and has a new battery

Asked by Oct 14, 2015 at 05:17 AM about the 1998 Mazda 626 LX

I ran a diagnoses and no codes showed up  
and the smell of gas comes when I try to
start it could someone help please

If a car cranks but does not start its one of two things... no spark or no fuel. Check your fuel pump, if you are smelling fuel... you may have a serious leak that is starving the engine. BE CAREFUL!

Thnx ill check that

How do you check your fuel pump?

A pressure gauge is the proper way and attack it to the test port. But you smell fuel so you have some kind of pressure. I suspect the spark module failed, but as AgeeK stated if you do have a fuel leak it would be dangerous for you to have an open spark. I would recommend a shop of your choice on this one, you may have more than 1 problem.