I have a 2000 Manual Mazda Protege it keeps dieing.

10

Asked by Oct 04, 2014 at 04:27 PM about the 2000 Mazda Protege LX

The battery was dead so I jumped the car it ran for about 30 seconds and then it died, so I jump started it again and let it sit idling and after about 20-30 seconds it died again and each time the battery is completely dead. Does anyone know what it could possibly be?

65

alternator. if your battery dies, and you don't catch it fast enough, it will kill your alternator. disconnect the battery when you walk away from the car or you might kill that battery too. go to autozone or a similar place and have them check the alternator.

10

Thank you Ok sorry I am a little confused, I understand the part about the alternator just not sure when I am suppose to disconnect the battery.

65

Disconnect the battery when your away from the car because the alternator will continue to kill the battery even if the car is off.

63,335

Have the battery load tested,it is bad,your alternator,is putting out,the car will not run with cable unhooked,alternator in this type mazda shut,s off,with out battery power,the alternator,is good,you have a bad battery.