radiator caps

Asked by May 21, 2010 at 02:07 PM about the 2000 Mazda 626 LX V6

I own a 2000 Mazda 626 LX V6.It has 2 radiator caps.1 on the expansion/replenishing tank and another not far behind it on the engine itself.I have had a very hard time locating a replacement for the 1 on the engine and had to go to the Mazda Dealer to order 1.This cap when I took it off,was just a cap meaning it didnt have a pressure spring on it.Had head gaskets replaced due to 3 years of overheating, which I think I have replace every and anything to do with the cooling system.Its overheating again and when I add fluid to the radiator after it cooled I noticed that the garage replaced the new radiator cap(without spring) with a cap made for the explansion/reseviour tank.Will that be ok? And why would Mazda use 2 different caps in the first place? Maybe the past owner put the wrong one on the engine.Can I use the spring cap for both openings????Here is the cap I removed from the engine NOT the resivoure.

30

I have got the same problem and just wondering if you got this fixed.thanks

30

I have a 99 that overheats. Burned up one motor. The garage said it was the thermostat. Now it is heating up again. Anyone figure how to stop the overheatinng?

Simple solution. If the cap from the radiator gets switched by the cap on the coolant reservoir, the car will heat up. You just need to switch it back . I had this problem, and we tried everything. We had the caps switched.

The cap on the engine of the 2.5 liter V6 Mazda 626 is just a simple cap, no pressure release nor return valve required. The coolant reservoir needs a standard radiator cap.