Radiator Fan not running.

20

Asked by Jun 11, 2012 at 08:30 PM about the 1998 Mazda 626 LX V6

My 98 Mazda 626 V6's fan is not running, even the cooling fan don't run even if the engine is already hot.
I tried checking the fans by running a jumper wire from the fan directly to the battery and they are good, tried connecting the jumper wire to the relays then to the battery, they are still running.
My thersmostat is brand new, my ECT sensor is good.
I don't know what's wrong with it.
BUT, I noticed when I turn on the AC, the fan from the passenger side is running!
What seems to be the problem. Help me please  :(  

78,095

Sounds like the switch for the fan is bad. There may be a switch that turns on yout fan(s) at a certain temperature. It might be screwed into the radiator or somewhere on the engine. On some cars the fan(s) come on any time the A/C is turned on. HTH. -Jim

20

I really appreciate your help, but the only thing that I know that tells the fan to run are the ECT sensor (engine coolant temperature sensor), thermostat, relays, and even the radiator cap (spring loaded). I don't see any "switch" screwed under my hood. Thanks anyway.

1,725

its the fan switch which is near on the radiator somewhere its is the switch switch turn on and off the fan too cool down the water

78,095

You're welcome. At this point though you can rule out the fan motor, relay, &the some of the wiring. I'd try getting a wiring diagram for that circuit. Your local repair facility may be able to help you with that. I've used Mitchell's on demand website. It's a site for repair places to get service information for specific vehicles. Again, HTH. -Jim