I have a clicking sound coming from either somewhere on the driver side door or under neath the dash while i'm driving or even just stopped idle.

Asked by Sep 10, 2010 at 02:38 PM about the 2000 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

At first I thought it might be the brakes, but now i'm really not sure. I can only here it here and there, not all the time. Hopefully somebody has a suggestion. Thanks.

70

Your car speakers are in that corner. It sounds like you might have a spark plug going bad or something electrical that is arching under your hood. Your speakers would pick that up and cause a clicking sound. Something to think about.

10

If you have the same type of dashboard clock that I do....the clicking can be coming from the movement of the second hand (minute hand) of the dail. Watch the clock and see if it clicks when the the hand moves. I thought for weeks I was goin nuts. Lmao.

1,605

The clicking sound could be your odometer cable going bad, and the plastic gears are not turning as they should. Watch your odometer by setting the tripometer and comparing the difference....you might see a number try to turn over then slide back in place.