started runing a sef dianostic test from inside, turned t start he car before finising test...Now won't start or say anything with fully charged battery

Asked by Sep 01, 2016 at 09:41 AM about the 2005 Lincoln LS V8 Sport

start running a self diagnostic from ac control Pushed defrost and off then Auto.
tried to start the car before finishing test and now the car won't do anything, not even turn over with a fully chargedattery b

46,415

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then reconnecting it.

93,145

Whoa Bob this is an 05, doing that can corrupt the BCM.

93,145

Is the security light on? if so you need to reset it, that information can be found in the owners manual.

46,415

I doubt that disconnecting the battery will cause any issues. How are you supposed to change batteries with out disconnecting them?

93,145

You use the preset saver tool, I have a nice one that plugs right into the OBD2 port.

46,415

I understand that, but not everybody has one. The OP's car came out in 2005 and the preset saver tools were not popular then so when replacing the battery you just disconnect it and installed a new one. I am thinking since he started his vehicle before the ETAC self diagnosis was complete, disconnecting the battery may reboot the system allowing the vehicle to start.