I have a Lincoln LS that won't start but the battery is fully charged.

265

Asked by Jan 07, 2013 at 07:43 PM about the 2003 Lincoln LS V8 Sport

The engine will sit there and turn over all day long, but doesn't actually "come to life". My room mate
is pretty mechanically inclined, and I am not so shabby myself. I can change the coil packs no
problem as I am sure anyone else who owns this car can. Here is the deal. I ran my car two days
before this started happening with absolutely zero problems. Two days later I come out and the
battery is completely dead. I charge it for 4 to 5 hours. As I am charging the car the first few times
the horn & lights start to flash. After I put the key in the ignition to get those to stop I left the car to
charge. I come back to it and all the normal bells and whistles come to life (lights, seat, steering
wheel, etc). Turn the ignition and the car won't completely come on it is like it is trying to turn over
but doesn't completely get there. From all my reading the past couple of days on this issue I am
thinking there might be a problem with the PATS. Could this possibly be the case? Possibly the Inertia
Fuel Shutoff Switch?

6,280

Sounds like it is in the security system on your car to me. Had a simular problem on a gm and we replaced the relays and still nothing we would jump the synoid and it would turn over but would not start. Had to bring it to a shop and they had to disable the security system by by passing it or they could replace the ingnition switch was cheaper to have them by pass the security system.

Best Answer Mark helpful
265

It was the inertia fuel cut-off switch located behind the kick panel on the driver side. Very easy access. primed the pump and the car started right up damn PATS. Live you learn I guess.

6,280

Glad I was able to help

530

Hey im having the same sort of problems with my 2000 linclon ls i checked that area under the kick panel and the red button was down is that how yours was?

110

I started having this problem a few years a go, after short trips. The dealer attributes it to a design flaw of the single wiring harness, and the battery location in the trunk. Not enough power to actually start the car. A new battery has helped, but for days without use, and in cold weather -still need to charge battery or jump start the battery.

370

I have a 2002 lincoln ls v8 and i turned on and everything lights up but the engine will not turn over and everything shut off. What do you think is the problem

6,280

Bobby I would start by checking your battery connections make sure they are clean and tight . all so check the cables for corotion

170

I am having the same problem every stated above, thing is i have purchased my car from another owner i do not have his contact to see if he put in his own security system. I have followed the steps today to dis alarm the car. I keep seeing people here bring up the kick panel where is that located? will i need another key?

30

did u ever find out what it was the same is happening to us an we need help

70

Having similar problems with my 2002 Lincoln Ls.... This car is the worst headache ever!!!! If it's not one thing,its another!!! Goes from 1 problem to 5....so deeply depressed about it and would like to get another one but I can't afford the note....

160

I have the same kind of problem my oil pan was leaked and after i fixed it it wont start and some peoples said it could be a battery so i replaced a new battery and then one person said my starter not engaging so i bought a new starter and fixed it and it still wont start it just like clicking noice when u try to self it ..... Buh i heard about some kind of button under the kick panel would like to know were it is and if it is issue ??

110

I have a 04 ls and when I'm driving it the fuel pump stops working its happened going down or up hill most of the time but I've gone out and it doesn't start unless I push on the fuel shut off switch. I have replaced the cut off switch but that didn't fix the problem and I smell gas in the trunk while I'm trying to start it again dose anyone know what's wrong with it

90

my 05 Lincoln ls having the problem battery and connections are fine I even pump the red button a couple of times still wont start

100

I have a 04 that's having the same problem, changes fuses, relays found the cut off switch primed it and nothing, got a new battery an soon as I put in it the lights and horn went off, the min I put the key in an turned it aux it quit but still wont start

20

My 01 lincoln ls would just click after replacing fuel pump and battery, the clicking notice was coming from fuse box under the hood, which happens to be where the starter motor relay is located,( it's #15 ), so I swapped the relay for starter, and blower motor places, and car started right up, so if you experiencing the problem of won't turn over,and just clicks, and your red security light goes off when key is left in on pisition, try replacing #15 relay under the hood... hope it helps

20

I have a Lincoln navigator 2000 I checked all fuses it won't a start at all

10

So my problem is went out to start my LSand it acted like it wants to but won't fully turn over and I'm getting this high speed whirling sound like the starter isn't engaging...Is this the issue

10

I had same problem with Lincoln s 2001. I hotwired fuel pump to a inline fuse and to toggle. Also to the battery and relay problem solved.

10

I had the same problem I thought the altenator was bad come to find out on the passenger side above the tire there's a positive cable that goes to ur battery it probley needs tightened

I have a 05 Lincoln LS 3.0 won't start