1994 Jeep Cheerok

Asked by May 19, 2015 at 07:36 AM about the 1994 Jeep Cherokee 4 Dr Sport

my jeep runs and drives great till I hit a bump then my speedometer goes straight to zero
and it starts backfiring and sputtering but never stalls completely. I have changed all
spark plugs, checked the wires to the spark plugs and I put new battery terminals on it
but its still doing it!

Is that an XJ ? I say repair and maintenance wiring harnesses. At the back of the eng. bay, there is a harness that goes aft. I have seen them heated till the insulation crumbles. This has what engine? And is your processor with the three plugs up by the drivers headlight? or where ? There are also recalls about fuselink and redundant wiring to inspect, and basic electrical having to do with battery connections, cable connections, and distribution center. You can inspect and WIGGLE TEST, with a helper. volt drops or ohms to ground on the battery cables can verify the cable is good after it receives basic maintenance. Start by inspecting that stuff and seek help from a pro if you cannot run those checks with a meter.

cheerok? hey, this is not an extraterrestrial jeep, is it? Koop de gosh, leem ? Hahahahahahaha. but seriously, with the age of your truck you can have untold possible electrical issues. lets hope the basics get you through. Always use CROWN automotive tune up and repair parts because the updates and corrections with loose connector fit, and it helps you side step many ofthe intermittent dying or starting issues many folks have.