1995 jeep wrangler will not start but cranks

Asked by Jul 23, 2015 at 02:42 PM about the 1995 Jeep Wrangler SE

Hi, I have a 1995 Jeep Wrangler that I just bought for my son, being that it is a 20 year
old car and not knowing the service history of this Jeep I decided to replace the spark
plugs, the wires, the cap, rotor and the distributor. Changed the oil and filter and air
filter. when I went to restart the Jeep after doing this it would not start. my budy told
me I must of not set the timing correct, my buddy is a tech and he came over we reset
the distributor and it started but he noticed the timing was still off, he said there was
alot of play in the timing chain he felt as me made the adjustment, we replaced the
timing chain and reset the distributor and still were unable to start the Jeep. we pulled
plugs and say that there was no fuel on them from all the cranking we were doing. we
replaced the fuel sender and still no start but there is fuel on them now. so we have
spark, fuel, compression, we are at a lose.. we replaced the crank sensor and still no
start.. are we missing anything else or thinking way to much into this?? what else
could it be ????

Has this been resolved? I have the same year same problem my sons first jeep we are making it a project. It was a no start and the gas tank was removed previous owner gave up. I had power at the coil with no spark changed coil plugs wires cap rotor still no spark found a you tube video and turned the key tapped the ecm until I heard the fuel pump kick in and it started for the first time I'm starting to chase wires to the ecm now possible ignition the key seems hard to turn and sticky

Did a tune up on our 1995 jeep wrangle Rio grande and drove it home with no problems but the next morning went to drive it and it would not go into Gear no reverse or drive

OK... I've done it all except swap out ECM/ECU... I have a brand new Power Torque 4.0L in-line 6cyl engine (500 miles). New transmission AX-15 (500 miles). I also have recently replaced the following with brand new parts: plugs, wires, distributor, distributor cap, rotor bug, battery (red top), alternator, starter, fuel pump, fuel filter, and crank sensor. I have checked all fuses and relays and are all good. I have been told the following could be wrong with it: ignition switch module, ecm/ecu, grounds, auto shutoff relay. My 95' Wrangler YJ has had zero issues for the last 500 miles (since engine and trans swap). All of the sudden I pull in garage, and go to start next day and it would only crank and crank... uggghhhh. Popped hood, and saw that the positive winch wire was not connected to the battery. I hooked it up and BOOOOM, were off. She started right up.... Until the next day, I went to start again and crank and crank and crank... WTF!! Pop the hood, and look around again and found that the crank shaft sensor was loose. So I replaced it and tightened it up. All good right? NOPE! Just crank and crank and crank... I rerouted and examined all wires and grounds... All good... I have fire, have fuel to the fuel rail, hear fuel pump kick on each time. the one issue I hear/see is each time I turn ignition on (just before I crank it), I hear/feel the auto shutoff relay activate. Why would auto shutoff relay keep tripping?

Have a 95 4.0 SE which gives me the same problem, replaced everything under the hood, I disconnected the two wires that run to coil wait 60 sec, replug and it starts, have no idea what the problem but most the time it works., don't feel save driving because it can die anytime. It must reset a relay (I have no idea).