how do you turn off interior lights off

Asked by Jun 30, 2007 at 05:15 PM about the 2005 Jeep Wrangler X

how do you turn off the interior lights when the doors are removed

31,355

i think there is a little plug or attachment you can get to push the button in on the door jam when you take the doors out. It's just a tiny little sensor on the door jam that when pushed in shuts off the interior lights.

140

At 4wd.com you can buy a pair of springs that fit over the door light button for $9.95. I've got them and they work fine. Just remember to remove them before reinstalling the doors or it's a trip to the dealer for new switches. Jim

Pull the fuse, Lower right hand corner of the fuse panel. It only effects the dome lights and the reminder beep for the headlights.

20

Thanks so much for this. I had been using the clips without any trouble and then one day, the drvier's side wouldn't stay down. As a girl, I didn't even know there was a fuse panel. I did what you said and problem solved. Thanks.

275

Gotta love girls who drive Wranglers! BTW, when guys driving Wranglers or CJs wave at you in your Wrangler, it's OK to wave back. Most Jeep-driving girls don't get this. You're in a club. It's a Jeep thing.

65

On my wrangler, when I unplug the electrical chord that controls the automatic windows, so that I can remove the doors, it also turns off the interior light.

225

If your jeep is a TJ then go into the fuse box behind the glove box and pull the fuse number 4

75

I actually came up with a slick solution to this. I wired in a two way switch that connected to the door sensors. And I mounted it to the back of my shift boot so it's out of sight. Any time I take off the dorrs I just have to reach down and flip the switch on to over ride the door sensors. Way better than having to keep track of a couple screw on adapters or yanking a fuse

35

my husband has a TJ,and it has tha same issue,..he does touch something on the fuse but he got pulled over one night by a police to remind him that his running lights were not working,....I don't know what jeep did to the newer models,I got a n 07 Rubicon and it doesn't have that issue.

35

you are right there bro.,most people specially the girls don't know that! I guess they just happen to own a jeep...they are snobs!!! if one has a Jeep it's like you automatically become a follower of the JEEP CULT.... it's like the fraternity of jeepers....I guess to those jeep owners that really do something with their jeep,...To have Fun OUT THERE!

20

Hey do you mind explaining how you wired it from where to where and what to what. Thx

55

pull the fuse

5

I'm not sure about the difference between the 2000 and 2005. But on the 2000 you put these little clips on the door jam button. check out this set on ebay (Not Mine). Hope this helps. http://compare.ebay.com/like/230577730056?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=222663605567&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=WXI6&GUID=68c8d0a112a0a0aad2b09390fe948fe5&itemid=230577730056&ff4=263602_304662

75

pull the fuse in the pas side glove box out. its marked interior

115

I saw a great mod on another board and used it. Push the round switch in all the way and drill a tiny hole completely through. Put a safety pin through the hole and it will act like the door is still shut. If you pull the fuse the "left headlights lights on' buzzer and 'dome and floor light upon entry' will not work. Your lights still wont work while you have the safety pins in by at least you wont forget and leave your headlights lights on.

55

The owners manual suggests removing, I think, #4 fuse. Located behind the glove box. Have fun.

55

Hazel, Im a girl, and fuse #4 was discussed in the owners manual.

10

Instead of waving at other jeep drivers, I think this should be the new norm.

10

Thanks for the great answers! I just picked up a 2000 TJ and have found the forms as great info!! Thanks again!!

30

I have a 2004 Wrangler and pulled the #4 fuse - 10amp - according to the manual it is a "door switch defeat" - didn't turn off the interior lights. Next idea?

I just pull the bulbs out

I have a 2000 Wrangler and I pulled the 10A fuse and it did turn dome light off but it also shut off the radio and odometer.

I have a 2014 jeep wrangler and I pulled the fuse that is located under the hood because the roof light would not turn off. And yes I'm a girl and I wave to other jeep wrangler drivers.