Transmission oil change

Asked by Oct 30, 2016 at 02:29 PM about the 1998 Isuzu Trooper 4 Dr S 4WD SUV

Where does the new oil go into the
transmission when there is no obvious or
normal way to pour the oil into the
transmission?

Again thanks for your input however it's a 1998 trooper, there is no dip stick for the transmission oil only for the motor oil. That's why I don't know where or how to replace the oil once I let it drip or drain out!

93,095

These are not typical transmissions, towards the rear of the tranny pan on the transmission case itself almost dead center you will see a bolt, on absolutely level ground when you remove that bolt fluid should just dribble out, if it don't then there is a special little pipe that you put in there and refill it with that, when you reach the correct amount it will flow out then you remove the pipe and reinstall the bolt. If you have never worked on these then I recommend that you have it professionally serviced, do not use quick change places, a tranny shop is your best bet when it comes to these trannys.

Thank you, I knew it was not going to be an easy fix...jus how my luck goes!

I jus wanted to thank each and everyone of you for your input, because of you guys I now know for sure what route to take...thank you!

93,095

This type of system is gaining control, it is just too keep the average joe from servicing his own rig without having to buy special stuff. I don't know if it is still up but you tube had a video of a guy changing the fluid in one, might check it out if your interested.

WOW!!!, thank you so very much because I actually saw that video yesterday and you are right I can do it myself the video was very helpful. Thank you for your honest input!!!