Any performance products for a 02 Isuzu Trooper? im having a hard time finding anything for it

65

Asked by Apr 11, 2012 at 01:00 PM about the 2002 Isuzu Trooper 4 Dr S SUV

Just bought a 02 Trooper but i was wondering if there was any performance products for the engine. Its a 3.5L. And does anyone know if its a GM engine or a Isuzu built engine. thanks

745

You can find a high flow air filter from k&n and yeah that's about it. Other than suspension parts there's not much out there to choose from. I've had my 2000 for over three years now and have added intake and exhaust to it but that doesn't do more than add a couple ponies here and there. When you look at the power to weight ratio on these things it doesn't really add up to much. The engine is from Isuzu and the automatic tranny from GM. Watch those fluid levels and you should get plenty of enjoyment out of your ride.

65

Thanks, I do keep check on the fluid levels, except transmission fluid i cant check it

Best Answer
745

Ok this is kind of hard because the Trooper has no dipstick to let you check the transmission fluid. I've already checked and flushed mine before so here is what you hve to do. 1. Raise your Troop high enough so that you can easily get in and out from underneath it. 2. Take sure it is level (a magnetic torpedo level works great for this task). 3. Start ghe engine when it is cold and let it reach temp where the thermostat opens (you know around the middle of the temp guage). 4. Now this is where it really gets tricky. Most cars have one bolt on their transmission pans in order to drain it but since thr Troop has no dipstick it has two bolts, one to drain and one to add. With the engine still running you will have to remove the upper bolt and add fluid with a transfer pump until fluid starts coming back out. As soon as it does put the bolt back in. I think the torque is around 28 or 32 ft lbs on that bolt. I know it sounds like alot but think of it as an opportunity to rotate your tires or change your oil at the same time.