clutch pedal

Asked by Apr 17, 2016 at 11:19 AM about the 1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Scottsdale Extended Cab LB

Clutch lost compression was rattling
before that niw I have no compression
cant shift unless I started in first n
shift with out clutch so needles to say
any input as to what it might be would
be a great help maybe even some way
to make it shift temporarly just to buy
some time till I get the parts would be
very helpfull thanks

69,715

This would be the Brake Master Cylinder and or Slave Cylinder that have gone bad.

Best Answer
69,715

No way to make it shift temporarily without these items. Your only hope would be to check the fluid in the master and try bleeding out the system.

Obviously im no mr wrench so ill have to ask where will I bleed it from thanks for the info will be very helpful

69,715

There is a bleeder valve on the slave cylinder. The slave should be dismounted from the side of the bell housing, but not the line running to it. The slave piston should be "C" clamped so it dose not come out when pumping the clutch. Have someone inside the vehicle to pump up the clutch. Make sure the master clutch cylinder is full. Pump up the clutch pedal and hold the pedal down toward the floor boards, Open the bleeder valve, and close it after pressure is released. Once the bleeder valve has ben closed then the clutch pedal can be released. Repeat this process until all the air is out of the system. Keep the clutch master cylinder full of brake fluid, check after and add too it after each bleeding session.

Thanks

Both clutch and brake master cylinder are full so im assuming it's the slave cylinder can I get a rebuild kit for it and how hard would it be to take it off

Would that also be the cause for the hissing sound

69,715

I am a little concerned that you can do this and know what to look for. Usually when the clutch master cylinder is full then the slave cylinder would be ok. Also you say you had a rattle. I'm just not so sure there is something else wrong with the clutch assembly. The hissing, well one would think a vacuum leak somewhere, but I have heard hissing from a clutch before which is the throw out bearing and fork going bad. You probably should have it looked at.

Yea I went to a shop and I think I have to leave it there fir a few days its beyond my knoledge but thank you