how do i replace instrument cluster lamps on a 1987 chrysler fifth avenue. they are very dim.

Asked by Feb 11, 2016 at 09:35 PM about the 1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue Base

4,585

...achem...if they are ALL dim, you have a chassis grounding problem~ what you must do is make sure there is solid ground at the chassis...this unfortunately may lead to battery service, where you wire brush the battery connections AND the black wire leading to the block~that's an important one...also you instrument panel may have a wire connection rather then just depending exclusively on the assembly and welds for proper ground~ for example if you'd want to plug in an electric waffle Iron, you'd need a lot of amps...that instrument panel needs GROUND...study 'pon where the ground is connected...use an ohm meter to find the "dead" zones...install another wire from the instrument cage to the firewall if necessary!~

4,585

1987 the year that most of the factories shut down due to ronald reagan's free trade policy....crikey, the guy DE-funded MUSIC...what the hell was going through his head...our music now is forever made significantly less so...Also the factory jobs, Engineering, and Drafting (my former occupation)~ had a VW Quantum, the best Volkswagen ever~ rusted to Death in Milwaukee...now they make these form-less soap bars...not stylin' NO wing windows in case Uncle Hal has been eatin shnitzel...a gas bomb in my mini cooper where there is no ventilation other then full windows~ so that is one item~ am designing a fuel-less exercise vehicle~ need some money to build a prototype...in the mean time am committed to make 1000 oil paintings~ so any Mechanical Engineers nearby..PM me~!