Any advice on my 1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue which stalls on hills.

Asked by Feb 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM about the 1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

Replaced fuel pump about a month ago because of starting issues.  That's much better, but about 2 weeks ago started stalling when it gets warmed up - esp on hills.  Replaced fuel filter last week, but although it ran better for a day or two, it's back to where it was again.  When it was running, it vibrated when in gear but stopped - like at a red light.  Now that the stalling has started again, the vibration has gone away.  HELP!

19,755

the asd is acting up.for a reason, and usally not the pcm. as most techs suspect,you could try an cps , [automatic shutdown][power control][crank positionsensor]

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your answer. Can you tell me what asd, pcm and cps stand for? Thank you!

Sorry - I just realized you explained that at the end of your answer. Looks to me like crank position sensors are on cars without distributors, but my old 1987 does have a distributor.

19,755

id have to do some checking to see on the crank sensor,call parts and see if listed,the shutdown has been around forever and watches the system controls and finds circuts out of line ,breaks circut to spark,fuel ect . workes in a weird way that causes more car computers condemed than enough

thanks for your help! I'll see if the asd is the problem. Also, looking that up online i saw something about a HEP and wonder if that is another possibility. At least I feel like I understand a little better what could be wrong. Thank you very much! My goal now is to get IRS refund (I hope) and trade this baby for something that goes!