My check engine light won't come on to pass smog

5

Asked by Jan 11, 2016 at 03:33 PM about the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6

I've had my mechanic try to solve this as well as smog shop. My 2003 tiburon's check engine light won't come back on for smog to show a fail for a CA claim. I've driven car "cycles" and driven car for 140 miles after last reset, still no light and it wont pass smog. Light does work when I turn on ignition...

67,365

If the light comes on steady with the ignition in the run position but the engine is off, the bulb and wiring are good. However if the light cannot be commanded on the PCM is bad. HTH. -Jim

I had the same problem. Look up Hyundai drive cycle which is very complicated but after almost 1 year I finally tried the drive cycle and it did work. I had code p01166 & p01167 along with p0462 . The 1166 &1167 codes was a hose from the MAF to the throttle body that had a tear in it about 4" long. I replaced the hose for $55.00 from dealer and drove the car through this crazy Hyundai drive cycle. The car never did clear the p0462 code which is a sensor on the fuel pump that sends the signal to the gas gauge but I went through Tennessee emissions anyway and passed. I must have passed because that code did not turn on the check engine light but was giving the code on two different auto parts stores' computer.