Engine Question

5

Asked by Jan 06, 2010 at 04:43 PM about the 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6

So yeah, I'm wanting to drop a V8 in my Tiburon... I have a 2004 GT V6. Anyone know exactly what kind of V8 would fit? I've seen it done before...

35

My honest opinon? Either have a Import/Tuner specialist drop in a lexus/toyota V8, or if you wanna do it yourself, gut the engine bay and make yourself a nice transmission tunnel, and drop in a small block ford/chevy 305/350, stick a TH350 trans on the back, and a chevy rear axle, you may need to put a roll cage in her too, as the torque from the back wheels could twist the chassis to pieces, and need to fit a new steering rack/ power steerin system, not to mention if you go the chevy/ford V8 route, you'll need all new gages and clocks, speedo's, tachos and odometer. You'll also need a custom steering wheel and shifter, i would recommend a stick, to keep the shifter on the floor, and not on the column if you fit an auto. You'll need extra weight in the back too, or thge rear wheels'll be spinnin when ya try and pull away. Put better brakes and servo on her to, or yer gonna have all that power and nothin to stop with.