where can i find the ground wire on honda passport 1996

20

Asked by Sep 30, 2012 at 06:59 PM about the 1996 Honda Passport 4 Dr LX 4WD SUV

where and what part of the vehicle is the ground wire located?

4,535

follow your ground wire from the battery

20

I see thanks, if I would need to replace that what should I look for for example name of the wire?/part?

4,535

if you're looking online, i would look for the part under battery parts or electrical...regardless just type in battery ground cable

20

Ok I will thanks, based on your experience where would that wire typically run from the battery inside/outside? underneath the passport. The whole reason for that is my running lights are dead. I need to get it running again never done it before. I will start with the battery first , unless you have any additional recommendations.

4,535

running lights? like day time running lights?

Best Answer Mark helpful
20

Rear running lights they don't work at night only the brakes lights come on. But no running lights.

4,535

did you check the bulbs??

20

Head lights work, but rear lights are dead I tried replacing the fuse it works for a minute and blows up again.

20

Yep

20

Vehicle got hit from the rear since than lights are dead, I took to the shop they couldn't fix it told me it had ground issue!

20

Not sure if I should start taking the rear lights off and follow the wire that way. Im just trying to figure out which way is the best

4,535

have you checked to see if there was power going to the lights?

20

No power for running lights only brake lights are on

4,535

what about the dash lights? do they turn on too?

20

No Dash lights are dead can't see nothing!

20

Only once the new fuse is in it works for min than blows again and stays dead

4,535

fuse to dash is fine i assume?

20

Once I replace the fuse for rear lights the dash light comes on but turns dead after one minute as well the rear light.

20

Why does it do that

4,535

" down next to your left foot is a panel. 1 screw and then pull it of. the problem is the relay in the center. there is 3 relays the dash tailights and liciense plate light relay is the center relay " http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1149ff/21#MSG21

20

so what you saying it could be the centar relay. That means I will need to replace it. If that is in deed the issue your diagnosis will save me quite a bit of money, I do appreciate your insights!

4,535

i hope that fixes it! good luck

20

Yes hope so thanks. I will let you know!

4,535

any updates?

20

Will that fix the problems if the right front/rear lowbeam is not working????? All head light is OK, it looks like there are no power to the front bulbs at all.?????the power just stop recently and never come to light on