door lock

Asked by Jan 19, 2011 at 09:08 AM about the 1997 Honda Passport 4 Dr EX 4WD SUV

the key hole got pushed in easy fix?

125

Might or might not. First thing first. One the door start by removing screw on the door handle. Plate should come off. Next, where you grab to shut the door there will be two screws. Take those out and pull the plastic piece out. It might be glued. Next there will be 4 to 6 screw along the bottom covered by plastic pieces you can pop off with a flat head screw driver. Now the door will pop off. Forgot to mention, if you have manual windows take the handle off as well. Once it is poped off lift the panel upward to slide off the plastic lock piece. Now there might be plastic, pull it off gently, the door has tar on it and the plastic will reahease to it later. Now the door will have slots to wear you can look in and see the door handle from the inside. You should get it from there. Can tell you whats wrong cuase im not there to look at it. Feel free to ask me questions. Dallon Horman Technology Center Student in Automotive Technology.

sounds cool i did all that all ready just need to know or see some kind of diagram of how to put the key door lock on when i try it wont lock the door right some thing is wrong with they way its put on thats why i need a pic of how the whole inside looks like in the panel thanks