2016 Sport dome light activation

Asked by Jul 26, 2016 at 03:55 PM about the 2016 Honda Accord Sport

I cannot figure out how to get the dome lights to come when I open the doors.  It's a 2016 Accord Sport and the manual references a switch I don't have, two local dealers said bring it in and we'll figure it out, and a YouTube video was no help either. All I seee in settings is for the duration the lights would stay on once the doors are closed, which would be great if they ever came on!!!
Please help!!!

look at page number 35 http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2016/Accord-Sedan/manuals

Nope... That's what I referenced above. There is no switch.

maybe the bulb is burned out or a wiring issue or they forgot the switch. Have the dealership check it out

Both lights work so it could be one of the other options you mentioned. Odd for a Honda.

Nothing is odd for a Honda in the overall scheme of things! Take it to the dealer it should be a no charge item covered under warranty.

Has anyone reading this ever "set one up"? I went to purgatory for 2 years and sold Rams, Jeeps, the 3 Chrysler offerings and told dozens of people to not by a Dart and go get a Civic or Carolla. But I always set them up.

did you ever get an answer to this question? I just bought a 2017 Sport and can't believe there's no switch!!

Been looking for the switch myself Wtf did Honda do I have. 2017 Honda Accord V6 Touring

Same here- 2017 accord. There's no button to set "door on/off" for dome lights and they don't come on when the door opens. The manual talks about the traditional button to set it to but there is no button. Any suggestions?

Same here with a 2017 hrv xl. wtf. Never had a car in 40 years that did not have a do me light come on when you open the door. The switch is in the door jam. But it only works when the car is off and you use the remote to lock the door

In the 2017 Accord Sport, only the center dome light activates when you open/close the door, not the front map lights. The center dome light auto setting can be set ON or OFF and can be adjusted for length of ON time.

yes you are correct. I was looking in the manual and the instructions were misleading. the real dome light in the center of the car and has nothing to do with the map light (no switch on it) on the HRV LX model. I never looked up. However if you leave the map light on and lock the doors the map light will go off. Go figure why they don't go on with the main cabin dome light.

I found it. The switch is on the center dome light, not the map lights up front. On, off, then center setting is for "on" when doors are open. They turn off about 15 seconds after closing door.

Yes! Thank you! The switch in in the dome light in the center of the inside interior NOT the map lights above the radio! The manual is misleading.