Lincoln MKX

165

Asked by Jun 16, 2016 at 10:53 PM about the 2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve FWD

I purchased 2016 Lincoln MKX in Dec. 2015. The car has stalled seven time while attempting to park. It was taken to the dealership twice and I thought the problem had been solved. Surprise! While driving down a busy street in New Orleans the engine quits. The dashboard shows something to the effect about the "accessories". I move to the right to avoid getting rear ended. Step on the brake and the car starts. Anybody else experience this problem?

107,235

Our 2014 MKZ has been trouble free. Take it back to the dealership. They will get it fixed, be patient.

34,595

Well, what Bob says is true, but there is no excuse for a new car to be doing dangerous things like that- especially after having the dealer's service department look at it- it sounds like you have money so why not trade it in on something more reliable? like something that doesn't say "Ford" on it?

107,235

Hey jamnblues, I hope you are not recommending one of those GM "shove em or let em set" vehicles.

165

Thanks for your replies. I have an appointment with the dealership on 27 June. I don't have a lot of confidence with the dealership in solving this problem. This car also has the Revel radio which we are not satisfied with the sound. The dealership received an update from the company which made a slight improvement. Car & Driver mag described the sound as punchy. Car is equipped with the multi-adjustable seats. The massage feature is neat but I did have problems with adjusting the lumbar, couldn't get it to be flat. The salesman told me that Lincoln/Ford designed the drivers seat with more lumbar to hold the driver in case of a wreck. Right!Using the massage feature seems to have helped the lumbar problem. If Lincoln is pursuing Lexus they have a LONG WAY to go! Wish I still had my RX. I live in Florida and if the dealer doesn't get the problems fixed, I will seek relief from the Lemon Law.

My 2014 mkx is at the dealer now. It cuts off while driving. Pull to the side, restart and then go. Engine revs on restart. This week I was away four hours at the. beach. Drove it at lunch, turned it off, came back to go to dinner.....dead as a hammer. Had to buy a jump start battery to restart. Let it recharge a while. Next morning getting ready to leave, it was dead again. Again restart. Then the whole system rebooted. Drove home went straight to dealer. He thinks it is staying in acc switch like the old key systems. This is 3 times for work on matters like this. They ought to recall them.

40

Exactly. We just purchased a 2008 Lincoln MKX, and have replaced the battery 3 times. Now it will start but won't go. I was just told that the battery has to be flashed or reset with the computer for the vehicle to excel properly. Please help me.

40

Has anyones battery issue been resolved?

My 2014 Lincoln MKZ died as I was pulling out onto a busy street. No warning or anything. I called the cops who called a tow to get it out off the road and into a car repair shop. The shop just rang to say they cannot recreate the issue. This is the 4th time it has happened - the other 3 times it was as I was slowly backing out of my driveway. And in each of those cases , it restarted. Today it did not. Scary.