2015 Ford Edge anyone have problems with the vehicle turning off while driving?

Asked by Sep 17, 2015 at 05:58 PM about the 2015 Ford Edge Titanium

I have a 2015 Ford Edge with 2000 miles on it.  It shut off on me 4 times after making a turn both left and right handed turns.  Took it to the dealer -after 3 days at the dealership - they said they couldn't replicate it - they reset the computer. Worked fine for a couple weeks now it happened again.  Anyone got a solution.  Dealership told me to bring it in - they may need it a few days to see if they can replicate the problem.  It appears to be after reading the other comments I'm not the only one.  
Has anyone found or a solution?  Did Ford help anyone out with this problem???

109,375

Make sure you document every visit ,what was said, what service was performed. That car is brand new and you shouldn't be having these problems...STAY ON TOP OF IT, IF IT'S NOT FIXED SOON, CONTACT THE FORD FEILD MANAGER AND GET HIM INVOLVED..

10

i totally agree with Joemom. it should be under warranty and you might need to push a bit to get it fixed.

I had a Ford Edge that did this to me multiple times... It had 30k miles on it at the time and I had to replace the throttle body. After I did that there were no issues! :)

110

Yes i have 2015 Edge SE with just over 6000 miles on it for my wife..Happen to us 15 times as we tried to get back home..Once getting on the freeway, One of the times in a intersection and the last 20 feet from train tracks when i said this is over and called the dealer to send a tow truck!! 10 mins later a train came by..!! someone is going to get killed !! Read this problem after the fact over 30 plus times..is selling cars really worth risking lives!! Now i'm stuck with this piece of crap and even more i have to worry about my wife every day!! Its at the dealer and most people seem to think its the Throttle assembly box .Dealer hasn't got back to us and its been 2 days..Even if that's it and they fix it ..i will never trust the vehicle..Not the way i want to live!

This just happened to me. I was driving on highway when it shut down. I was able to remain calm and pull over, but it definitely scared me. Could have been a very serious problem. I will be taking it to dealer on Monday.

110

Truly sorry..We got our vehicle back yesterday..Wife drove it from dealer about 30 miles..Other then that its still under the will see program ..Not very confident in a brand new 2015 Edge SE..Unheard of..think someone will actually have to die before they recall this..I don't get it..

110

Oh and it was the Electronic Body assembly or for short The EBT..We have a new one..but again confidence level way way low..

I have a new 2015 ford edge with 8,000 miles in it. It shut down on my 3 days ago, yesterday, and 4 times this morning while trying to get it to the dealership. Luckily I haven't been on the interstate and have been able to pull over because my 6 month old daughter has been in the car with me! It is at the dealership now - I will let ya'll know if they can figure anything out.

40

I have the same problem with my FORD EDGE 2015, look like the THROTTLE BODY is defective and nee replacement Contact FORD and insist they replace it, it s known problem File a complain with NHTSA too, FORD need to recall this and fix I before someone get killed

10

My 2015 Ford Edge is a nightmare. After 2 months the keys went dead and both needed new batteries. At 12 months the transmission went and had to be replaced. After three weeks at the dealership I got my car back but they forgot to change the oil. A week later I took it back to get the oil changed and they had to keep it again- all the lug nuts were defective, new ones had to be ordered so they could be replaced. At 16 months i again had to be towed. Apparently a misplaced screw in the manufacturing plant destroyed a wire and interfered with the the fuel injection system. At 17 months the car is again at the dealership to have a purge valve replaced. I hate this car and no longer feel safe!