My 95 Jimmy has a problem taking off

Asked by Feb 03, 2014 at 07:55 PM about the 1995 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr SLE 4WD SUV

When I press the gas even lightly normally it'll act like its lunging and not wanna take off
but then when i let off it'll catch up with itself and run fine. Doesn't do it as much on cold
days.

19,915

Is the check engine light on?

Yes it is i need to take it to a shop but don't have the money right now. I was hoping it would be a simple expense

19,915

Take it to advance or autozone and they will check the codes for free. Then post the codes back here.

18,785

they cant check codes on a 95, just about no one can. You need a specific scanner for 94-95 GM, its some BS OBD 1.5 crap. The problem with these engines is lots problems cause similar symptoms. Good things to check is fuel pressure, vacuum pressure, and basic tune up items