my gmc jimmy has been nothing but a problem since it hit 34,000 miles....anyone else have problems with theirs?
- the gas line broke
- a hole rotted through the gas tank as well (vehicle was 4 years old)
- when the wheels were taken off for a brake change, the backer plates -
crumbled and fell off ( vehicle was 3 years old at the time)
- ball joints and wheel bearings replaced yearly, sometimes within 8 or 9 months
- the 4 wheel drive went on it 3 times
- the rear passenger window won't go up, needs to be pulled up by hand
- the front driver's window won't close all of the time, only when it wants to
- brake line snapped
- the fan for the air conditioner and heater makes a loud roaring noise and
won't push air out of the vents on the driver's side
- a gasket busted
- sometimes you have to really press down hard on the door lock button a few
times for it to lock all the way
- the thermostat exploded and blew a hole in the radiator
- the floater in the gas tank floats all over and down to "low fuel" frequently, no matter how much gas is in the tank
- i've been driving with the check engine light on for 3 years--
per a few mechanics who looked at it, i was told to ignore it ...the vehicle is
the most frightening incident of all-------a year ago i was driving down the highway at 65 mph and lost all power.....the whole dash board went black and the vehicle just shut down........i tried to start it 4 times without success...
we had the vehicle towed and when the mechanic went to turn it on, it started with no problem........he went over it 5 times and found no nothing
anyone have problems with theirs or is this just a lemon?
i have 2 mechanics in the family that take care of the fluids etc.....it's not like it's neglected
My ex-husband had one parked in my driveway and let me drive it but its a 1998 and I call it "death trap".... Not sure of all the problems but our mechanic said they are crappy vehicles....I know the brakes are messed up, gas tank problems, driver door sort of hangs, heat only blows hot and doesn't turn off....He took it back and think its still sitting cause fixing it is more than it's worth.,. Sorry but I think they are lemons !!
Isn't that a shame? I have a complex everytime I'm out somewhere and hear noises, thinking that it's my junk mobile breaking again. I thought that it would have been a good investment with a heavy suspension and the Chevy/Gmc quality....like hell. What a mistake that was. It was $31,000 brand new, a complete rip off. General Motors should be ashamed of themselves. I just can't buy another GM vehicle again after this. Can't wait until suvs come down in price in the spring to get something else............ Thanks for your post, Natalie.
oh, i forgot to mention that the air conditioner system had to be replaced not long after i purchased it.....fortunately, that was still under warranty at the time
rear spring replaced as well
Looking for a Used Jimmy in your area?
CarGurus has 193 nationwide Jimmy listings starting at $2,989.
Search GMC Jimmy Questions
GMC Jimmy Experts
Related Models For Sale