I replaced the jimmy body with a 99 pick-up cab and used all 98 jimmy wiring

Asked by Jun 09, 2016 at 11:34 AM about the 1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr SLE 4WD SUV

everything works. when I start it will not run when key is released from start pos.

400

If you switched out several things it's very likely you have a ground short somewhere or a ground wire is not grounded correctly. No that's not much of a help and it's more running down wires than anything

Best Answer
18,785

It sounds like the security system acting up. Are you using the 98 or 99 column?

I used 99chev. column because I wanted the column shift Thanks mike mw656

The security does stay on. thanks mike

18,785

You need to get the security system tuned out of the pcm. There is a relearn procedure but it has to be with the 98 ignition switch and key. Put the key in and turn it to "run" and leave it for about 15 min, the security light should go off, turn it off and back to run about 3 more times then try to start it. If it starts then it worked. If not then you need a tune.