I replaced the front rotors on 97 GMC Jimmy and now they are grinding the backplate/abs sensor assembly, can anyone shed some light on why?

Asked by Mar 05, 2013 at 11:13 AM about the 1997 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr SLT SUV

I replaced the front rotors on 97 GMC Jimmy and now they are grinding the backplate/abs sensor assembly.  Not sure if I am missing something.  I didn't compare the old rotors with the new ones before discarding them, so I'm at a loss.I only have the rotor, a bearing and washer then nut w/cotter pin in front of the rotor holding in place, it seams like there is nothing on the back to stablize it and once I put the tires on they wobble.  Yet when I get the rotor on they seam stable.  I saw a diagram that showed more bearings behind maybe, can anyone help before I take it to the shop?

18,235

the bearings are what hold the rotor upright. You have to make sure they are tight, but not so tight it wont rotate. Yes there is an inner and outer bearing. Also the dust plate can get bent to where is rubs the rotor and all you do it bend it back. But your wheel should NOT wobble

Great! Do you happen to have a diagram of this, I've been looking and found one, but it's not too clear. Again, thank you!

18,235

Is this a 2wd or 4x4?

2wd