I'm about to swap a 98 Cherokee 4.0 liter in to my 87 jeep Comanche with 4.0 non ho motor.. 5 speed

5

Asked by Sep 05, 2015 at 04:45 PM about the 1987 Jeep Comanche STD 4WD

Why couldn't I just swap the entire old injection system off of my old truck and
save the trouble of the fuel problems...??? Is that possible???   My old engine
has a cracked head and I'm bout to start this swap shortly....any advice and
warnings would be helpful.. I gotta get this thing going so I can get to
work..thanks

5

Ok it was a 96 Grand Cherokee... And with one homemade pilot bearing \ adapter... My old electronics.. Sensors... Injection... Flywheel ...it wasn't too bad a swap.. Did run into few headaches.. Like the alternator being externaly reg by the ECU on new engine...21.99$ external volt reg solve...used my intake and new exhaust manifold \header...no clearance issues... Want to use new intake and throttle body but engine didn't have throttle body so for lack of $$ time and out of need stuck with the old ones...I'm finishing up the install aka front clip and such. Will know soon if its a no prob swap...seems ok runs great