Why won't my 2002 Envoy Start

Asked by Oct 09, 2014 at 09:57 AM about the 2002 GMC Envoy 4 Dr SLE 4WD SUV

I have a 2002 GMC Envoy.  I just got the ignition switch replace twice at Aamoc but the car doesn't always start.  I turn the key in the switch and it doesn't click or crank.  All lights come on and the radio etc.  It doesn't happen all the time but has happened 4 times in the past 4 days.  I was told that it could be the neutral control switch but I was wondering if it would be the starter.  I am stuck as to what to do and I need HELP.  I can't keep getting stranded but Aamco doesn't have an answer as to why this keeps happening and there are no codes coming up nor the check engine light.  Does anybody know what it could be????

Isn't there a manufacturer recall on the ignition switch?

No I called GMC and they said there was no ignition switch recalls and there are no other recalls on the vehicle. Aamco said there is no way that I should need a 3rd ignition switch replacement there has to be another problem.

Have you resolved the problem? I currently have a 2005 slt that is doing the same thing. I thought it was a charging problem but all of that seems fine..... When I turn the key I can hear a click that I am assuming is a relay...... I'm going to clean all of the connections and see if it clears the problem up..... if not I will change the starter and selenoid

Tina Price

jmerril2 it was the selenoid. I had to replace it. And it is all welded together so I had to replace the whole thing starter and selenoid ...about 200.00 for the part. It has started fine every day since.

2004 envoy same thing new battery, starter relay,still doing it gotta be electronic ignition switch or solenoid-starter. Just flatbeded it to dealership so I'll let you know