Toyota Camry Hesitation issue

10

Asked by Feb 07, 2015 at 12:22 PM about the 2014 Toyota Camry SE Sport

I just bought a new 2014 Camry and traded in my 2012 Camry. I was told the bad
hesitation during acceleration was fixed. I had put up with it for 3 yrs with my 2012
model. Every time I asked about it I was told there was no problem or it couldn't be
fixed?  Noe my 2014 is even worse and very dangerous, I spoke with the service
manage at Fort Myers Auto Nation and he is going to open a ticket with Toyota Tech
but they want me to believe I am the only person with this problem? There are pages
of people on the internet experiencing the same issue, so why the stale to fix it? I told
them I would press the lemon law if they don't do something but I am not getting a
warm and fuzzy feeling.

80

Sounds like throttle position sensor or possibly mass air sensorneeds replaced. Any service codes

10

At this point Toyota is saying there is nothing wrong, therefore giving me no info. They are only opening a ticket because I am pressuring them to.

38,165

Tell them to adjust the brake peddle sensor. If it's out of adjustment a couple of millimeters it will cause the hesitation. At least that's the only info I could find. Hope that's the issue......

8,100

Sometimes floormats can interfere with pedal application or return. We used to attach them to the seat frame front inboard holddown. There was a simple part invented by a private individual. It resembled a large safety pin. This was used on many types of vehicles. You can report your concern to NHTSA and the MFR of the vehicle officially to seek their involvement. You could remove anything that interferes with the pedal and reverify your concern. You could demonstrate your concern for the service manager at the dealer and have the tech witness what it does. Driving a similar vehicle from the dealers stock and finding a difference can be demonstrative as well.

40

I just bought a brand new 2017 Camry XSE V6 and it almost stops in turns when I try to accelerate. Scary. I have 200 miles on it and taking it to dealer. This is NUTS.

10

I have 2015 with 8K mile it has the same hesitation at 1500-2000 RPM of engine. It runs smooth as long as the engine temperature below the normal operation temperature. shuddering starts when the engine reach the normal operation temperature.

38,165

Bdeasy, did the dealer find a solution to the hesitation?

10

Dealers will keep you stranded under TSB excuse and when your warranty will over they you have to pay diagnosis and later for presumptive reasons.

If you are a left-foot braker like myself, then you could be unknowingly causing the issue. For example, you are stopped at a red light or slowing down a bit to change lanes, etc. If your left foot is depressing the brake pedal even slightly when you also try to accelerate, then the brake will automatically disable/trump the accelerator, at least on newer models - try it in a parking lot to prove it out - I did.