When I start my car, it'll run fine, but whenever I turn on my air conditioner my car will just turn off. Why?? I did change the piece and still happen. help meeee!!!!!

Asked by Aug 17, 2014 at 11:02 PM about the 2004 GMC Envoy 4 Dr SLE 4WD SUV

I change the throttle Body!!!

What piece did you change ? Clean throttle body before replacing . That's if it's an AC on idle issue. The compressor could be siezed for all I know . Need more input! This site is free, give specifics , use more words .

Best Answer Mark helpful

I have a 2004 GMC Envoy, 6 cylinder. The vehicle will run fine as long as the A/C is not on. With the A/C on, the engine will stall whenever it comes to a stop. I replaced the throttle body per the advice of Advance Auto Parts after analyzing the check engine light. The problem still persists. The reading now states that the accelerator chip is malfunctioning. Is there some programming that has to be done after replacing the throttle body? Please advice.

You sould never have replaced the throttle body, as a matter of fact, iv'e never seen one go bad.it's a RPM adjustment problem,if your air con, compressor was bad, it just wouldn't engage the clutches for the compressor,and there would be no load on the motor.the air compressor is engaging and it's slowing down your RPM's you can get the throttle adjusted at a good mechanic's shop. NEVER let AAPARTS, or AutoZone or o'riellys check you car.....they will have you replacing every part on your car before there thru....hope this helps.

I know this may sound crazy but first clean your throttle body at the intake, then check for any codes.exact problem happen to me twice and each time I cleaned the whole throttle body assembly it was very dirty from the sorry gas we have to use in USA and I don't mean because of ethanol.this would happen if ethanol wa never ever used.Truth be told ethanol actually helps keep your engine clean.