I just bought a 2014 Ford Fusion hybrid Energi. It does not come with a spare tire. If I have a flat tire that cannot be inflated, will my warranty towing pay for my to be towed to Discount Tire?

30

Asked by May 27, 2014 at 06:01 PM about the 2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

55

Most hybrids come with run flats. Are you sure you don't have run flats?

30

This tire is the Michelin Energy, and I am pretty sure it is not a run flat tire.

210,325

Your right, no run flat, just a 12V compressor and a can of fix a flat in the trunk. This is due to weight savings/MPG. You are covered in full for the tow with the roadside assistance program that you got with the car good for 5years/60K miles. Call the number in your paperwork for a tow truck to come get you.

30

But do you know if the warranty tow is to the dealer only, or could it be to a tire store (where I plan to buy a warranty for the tires)?

30

Also, does anyone know if the Energi can be charged at a public charging station? The manual only mentions the 120 or 220 charge from home.

40

I had the same problem, a flat. Called AAA and discovered no spare. The one month old tire was shot because I drove on it flat to get off the freeway. The tire company did not have a new same matching tire, ended up buying a used tire. Ford dealer said no warranty on a punctured tire. Just to be safe, I ended up buying a 'spare' donut tire that takes up most of the trunk space. Dealers should be forced to tell buyers that their hybird has NO spare tire.

20

I think it is bad business for Ford that they do not require their sales people to inform the customer that they don't get a spare. I was caught in the same situation and the car had to be towed as the tire could not be inflated or fixed with the kit. This on a brand new car with 800 miles on it. To top it off the dealership's parts deptt does not even know if they can get me a spare, they recommended going to a junkyard to get an old donut with the tire!!!

I am having same issue, I hit a curve and tire torn down due to which I called roadside assistance and ended up with $250 dollars for replacement tire. They did not provided even tools to replace a tire, not even a jack in trunk.Except towing no other option available to owner.

No they will not cover to tow to discount tire. I just had this problem and I needed to be towed and I was forced to go to the Ford dealership. My tire cannot be repaired because of the size of the puncture and I was forced to buy a new tire

10

Wow I am flummoxed from reading these comments. I don't know from what dealerships you purchased your cars but the window sticker tells you what tires are on your vehicle. Also, my salesman showed me the inflator in the trunk. I also purchased tire & rim insurance through the dealer. I used it this past year after hitting a pot hole ruining the tire. A $150 tire cost me nothing. Good investment. I have run flats and you should be able to drive your car to where you need to without a tow. If you bought your vehicle used and not from a reputable dealer, you may gotten regular tired. Sorry for you.

10

Tom I don't know where you bought your car, I bought mine in Greenville. With the bad deal with the spare tire, the car never even got near the gas millage for a hybrid that it was supposed too. The Ford dealership in Greenville Texas was the worse ever I will never buy another Ford product very bad company!!!!!

10

Ron I average around 100 mpg. Around 1,100 miles to the tank. I charge up the hybrid battery nightly. I'm still impressed by this vehicle.

20

As far as I am aware, Ford Hybrids come standard with run-flat tires. Also, my dealer definitely told me that there was no spare & showed me the inflator kit.

20

Ron, I don't own the Energi Hybrid but my traditional Hybrid model has only gotten under 40mpg once & it was due to my driving, not the car. I am consistently getting the advertised 41 combined mpg, if not just under by less than 1. Hybrid vehicles are not magic. It all depends on you and your driving habits. When riding with me, my brother asks why I don't go faster (my 5 miles above speed limit is apparently not good enough for him). I'll tell you like I told him: Why would you buy a fuel efficient vehicle to not drive efficiently?