is it the transmission?

45

Asked by Jan 07, 2014 at 10:02 AM about the 1987 Dodge Dakota STD Standard Cab 4WD LB

OK shes a 87 dakota 4x4, the tras was rebuilt about 2 and half years ago, also had a
engine put in a year ago and here my new problem, the motor runs fantastic thanks to
the judge, she was doing great but then I went out , started her went to put her in drive
and all I hear is gunk and the motor dies, so I try second, nope no go then I try Low
and she will drive, I got her home, now Im stumped, someone please tell me this isnt
another 1000 fix please

well it does sound like transmission could be torque convertor if you heard noizes when you put it in gear and all you have is low that's a bad sign is it a 904 trans where are you from I can check it out for you

45

i live in sacramento, california

ahh im sorry wish I could help but im in va do you know if they rebuilt your original trans or did they put a replacement trans in it for you if you can get it checked and you don't feel there feeling honest I can help you by going over what they diagnose

45

Thank you so much Mark, it was the original trans that was rebuilt, I think im going to have the torch converter checked out on it, i mean hell its only 2 years old, but thank you very much Mark for all your help. sherrylee

237,075

Who is Mark?

45

if you see what I see, it says your name is Mark, IM so sorry Tom, wow I feel like crap now......see look View answer | Mark answer as helpful | Mark as best answer | Stop following this question

45

Poor Bruce, I really screwed it all up, I am so sorry, its still early here and i havent had my coffee damm it lol