hello, Im the guy with the `87 that dies while running, I`ll give you more details, it has a 5.0 engine with carburator and I has replace the whole distributor, batt,alternator,spark plugs and wires temp sensor, checked all wire conections under dash, I have spend so much time and money and no one seems to find whats wrong with my firebird, when running on the road it dies and if I turn the key nothing happens no a single ligth on the dash board, after awhile it will start again even if I do not touch anything, I hope this info helps, thank you in advance.

Asked by Jun 11, 2015 at 01:54 PM about the 1987 Pontiac Firebird STD

1,135

well I had a 1992 Pontiac Bonneville bought it used and it had similar problems it would die and then after about 10 minutes it would restart and what it turned out to be A long story short is it had a factory alarm in it and then somebody added an aftermarket alarm and it made the electronics in the car like the security system unstable and it was trying to figure out what's going on with that other alarm or something and it made the car die out and then you can restart after a while it was strange that might be it or it could be that your carburetor is acting up I'm not sure that is a tough one I hope that helps you should verify if you have two alarms in the car or is it just the factory alarm on the car that might help who knows