2003 ford taurus will not start, no starter, no fuel pump activation

70

Asked by Jun 02, 2014 at 08:08 AM about the 2003 Ford Taurus SE

car was running find stopped for groceries, go to start and engines turns over but does not start, might be out of gas, put more gas in. check plugs for spark, geting spark, used starting fluid in intake manifold and car runs for 2 or 3 seconds. P0191 and P1233 check engine codes.
Now after checking continuity on fuel pressure sensor  on injector manifiold i have all all accessories but no starting electricity to starter or fuel pump

22,705

maybe a bad ignition switch?

70

just replaced that yesterday, thanks though any other thoughts

9,735

Some one may have bumped your car,check your inerctia swicth,it will shut fuel down.

70

checked that several times, pulled the outlet fitting off of the fuel filter, when the engine was turning but not starting.... had a stream of fuel come out

9,735

You said in your post there was no power to fuel,hmmmm now you checked it,and you have fuel,what else could be wrong.I know,me waisting my time answering never ending ????????4u

70

i am sorry for the confusion on saturday when the taurus had the initial problem i was getting fuel and spark at the spark plugs; engine would turn over but not start, used startign fluid and the car ran for maybe 2 seconds(from the etherin the starting fluid). Finally towed it home and ran the engine code checks (P0191 & P1233) that inidcated possibly the fuel pressure sensor. so i started run continuity checks and voltage checks on the various snesors and injectors.... after i did the continuity check on the fuel pressure sensor .... all of sudden the car would not even turn over... no more cranking, no more fuel coming out of the outlet of the filter (i could not even hear the fuel pump run).... now when doing a engine code check i get "link error" it will not communicate also, as well as no fuel and no cranking

9,735

Ok, ile try this again,Check your main fuse,it will be 30 amp fuse,if that is good,and you did say you checked your inectia swicth right>>??If all else fails go check your crank sensor.

70

Please help me with 'main fuse 30 amp' is this fuse located above the radiator in the engine compartment or am i looking for this fusing in the cabin ( under the steering wheel)

9,735

Ok,po191 is fuel pressure sensor and p1233 is fuel pump module,there fore you have a problem with fuel pump,your fuel pump must pump atleast 35.psi,my thoughts here is replace fuel pump.

9,735

The main fuse is under your hood in fuse panel,if blowed that is a deffinent,sign of bad fuel pump

30

Why do

30

Why do i have no power to my hazards fuel pump door locks windows interior lights no power to starter selanoid

30

Sorry its a 2001 food taurus 3.0

It's the fuel pump relay..replace that and you'll be golden